Kids Rule In Gunnison-Crested Butte
Gunnison County offers nearly two million acres of public lands just waiting to be explored! Hike, camp, swim, bike, raft, gaze at the clear dark night skies and unplug in our slice of paradise!
Disconnect to Re-Connect
Sometimes the best way to connect as a family is to get as far away as possible from everyday busyness. The friendly mountain towns in Gunnison County are authentic alternatives to life's complexities and a great place to have fun. Beautifully packaged by nature, there is something for a all levels, and ages, whether it's hiking, camping, bicycling, rafting, kayaking, horseback riding, fishing, boating, skiing, snowboarding or snowshoeing. Bring your family to discover the outdoors and end up rediscovering it yourself at places like like Curecanti National Recreation Area, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Blue Mesa (Colorado’s largest lake), Lake Irwin and Taylor Reservoir. We have an Adaptive Sports Center ready to assist a family member with physical and cognitive disabilities with year round outdoor activities, too!
- Be amazed at the night sky...together
- Explore museums and places of discovery
- Ride a tube down a hill or river
- Paint your own pottery or take an art class
- Dance at free summer concerts
- Go climb a rock...or a rock wall
- Get pulled around by horses, dogs or snowcats
- Howl at the moon on snowshoes
- Take part in a parade
- Get wet catching fish
- Make Rocky Mountain snow angels
- Dress up in a costume... pretty much any week of the year
- Attend an event. Find an event on our event calendar.
Sign Up for Newsletter
Get occasional vacation ideas emails from Gunnison-Crested Butte.